1 min read
CG Sculpture and Jewelry is currently in the throes of prepping for a variety of shows and looking for interns...
You will gain experience in a variety of ways:
- working small and large scale in both jewelry and sculpture
- working with metal, primarily non-ferrous: forming (holloware), fabricating, welding, soldering, sawing, filing, hand finish work, patinas, etc
- vitreous enamel (kiln fired)
- understanding how production works and best practices
- working first hand with the public on a community art piece
- setting up and interacting with public at small indie type shows
- setting up an installation in a fine art gallery
Ideal candidates are:
- detail oriented
- have at minimum basic metals knowledge (or more!)
- driven to learn/experience
- willing and able to hear directions and follow through
- available immediately through the end of the year
Flexible scheduling but weekdays preferred. Reliable transportation to South Park (about 15 minutes south of downtown Seattle) is required.
Internship is unpaid but as a token of appreciation and accomplishment, interns receive a music box from my Constructing Deconstruction series after completion of 100 hours. http://catherinegrisez.com/music-boxes/
Contact Catherine at email@example.com. If applicable send resume, work samples, and/or website link and reason for interest.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
1 min read
1 min read 12 Comments
I am grateful for YOU! I feel lucky every day I get to spend in the studio, experimenting with materials, exploring new ideas, and creating art. But if it weren't for you, this work would just while away the time stuck in boxes on shelves. Share your gratitude and enter to win the perfect pearl earrings.
1 min read 2 Comments