1 min read
CG Sculpture and Jewelry is currently in the throes of prepping for a variety of shows and looking for interns...
You will gain experience in a variety of ways:
- working small and large scale in both jewelry and sculpture
- working with metal, primarily non-ferrous: forming (holloware), fabricating, welding, soldering, sawing, filing, hand finish work, patinas, etc
- vitreous enamel (kiln fired)
- understanding how production works and best practices
- working first hand with the public on a community art piece
- setting up and interacting with public at small indie type shows
- setting up an installation in a fine art gallery
Ideal candidates are:
- detail oriented
- have at minimum basic metals knowledge (or more!)
- driven to learn/experience
- willing and able to hear directions and follow through
- available immediately through the end of the year
Flexible scheduling but weekdays preferred. Reliable transportation to South Park (about 15 minutes south of downtown Seattle) is required.
Internship is unpaid but as a token of appreciation and accomplishment, interns receive a music box from my Constructing Deconstruction series after completion of 100 hours. http://catherinegrisez.com/music-boxes/
Contact Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable send resume, work samples, and/or website link and reason for interest.
1 min read
4 min read 5 Comments