Last January I decided my office was long overdue for a facelift. For many years it has been a dark room full of crap and spiders - essentially the dumping ground for everything I didn't know what to do with and then some. Among other things, it held big bulky furniture, an enormous glass case that held boxed up work, piles of empty boxes and other packing supplies, and a wall devoted to CD's. And I only had access to the desktop a handful of times in the many years I have had the space. So it was high time I got rid of spider filled dark corners and made proper homes for the things that need to be stored here.
There were some bigger needs that prevented me from doing this until I had funds saved up. I needed to have some internal electrical work done, add outlets, move wires, etc - the type of thing that required a professional. I hired Evergreen Construction Group based nearby and they were fantastic. Dylan and Jason are a super duo and I'll definitely work with them again on future projects.
I also ripped out the tiny wall in the corner and redid it to gain 4 inches of floor space. But mostly it was to expose things to make wiring easier. The most exciting thing they did was add an in-wall heater! The studio is very cold in the winter (and ridiculously hot in the summer) so I'm thrilled to have a space that heats up easily and efficiently. Down the line I hope to change the lights and add a ceiling fan but for now I'm quite pleased.
And there you have it! It took 7 months longer than expected but feels amazing to have a clean and bright organized space. Hopefully now I'll win the never ending battle against the spiders and sprawl of stuff.